Services at Action Family Counseling
State-of-the-Art Recovery Facilities
Action Family Counseling provides a multi-disciplinary approach to address all aspects of individuals’ mental health and well-being. We provide Intensive Outpatient (IOP) services, half and full day Partial Hospitalization and 24 hour Residential Care at various locations throughout the Ventura, Los Angeles and Kern Counties.
Residential Treatment Program
Action Family Counseling’s Residential program is designed to provide treatment services to adult and adolescent male and females with drug, alcohol and mental health related problems. The program is aimed at those who are in need of a residential treatment setting to maintain abstinence from chemical dependency and achieve mental health stabilization. The program operates seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
30 to 90 day inpatient substance abuse treatment program servicing adolescents between the ages 12-17, male and females with drug, alcohol and mental health related problems
- Progressive personal and group responsibilities
- Planned social and recreational activities
- House and personal anonymity
- Numerous local support meetings
30 to 90 day inpatient substance abuse treatment program services to adult males and females with drug, alcohol and mental health related problems.
Included in Both RTC Programs:
- Psychiatric Care
- Medical Evaluation
- Weekly family sessions
- Multi family therapy groups
Daily recovery groups focusing on:
- Relapse prevention
- Identifying behavioral triggers
- 12 step study groups
- Disease of addiction
- Substance Abuse
- Learning how to develop personal relationships
- Peer Problem solving and discussion
- Daily psychotherapy groups
Individual counseling focusing on:
- Expression of feelings
- Assertiveness training
- Decision making skills
- Self esteem enhancement
- Developing skills for independent living
- Developing skills for implementing life changes
- How to manage personal growth
- Reducing/managing stress
- Future goal development
- Referrals to specialized counseling based on clients needs
As a step-down from a Residential Treatment Center, Partial Hospitalization provides ongoing therapeutic intensity and structure for continued recovery.
Action Family Counseling’s Partial Program, is designed to serve adult and adolescent male and females with substance abuse, co-occurring diagnoses and mental illness related problems. The program is aimed at those who are in need of partial services to maintain abstinence from chemical dependency and to achieve stabilization from their mental illness. PHP meets five to six hours a day up to five days a week. The level of involvement varies for each client and is determined by the individual therapist in cooperation with the patient. Participation in PHP allows an individual to receive intensive treatment during the day and practice recovery skills while living at home.
Services at the partial level of care include:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Educational groups
- Family therapy
- Medication management
- Relapse prevention and life skills groups
- 12-Step recovery
- Specialty treatment for psychological trauma and other issues as needed
Intensive Outpatient Program
Action Family Counseling’s Intensive Outpatient Program is designed to serve adult, adolescent male and females with substance abuse, co-occurring disorders and mental health related problems. The program is aimed at those who are in need of intensive outpatient services to maintain abstinence from chemical dependency and to achieve mental health stabilization.
Groups address the psychological issues faced in early recovery from drug and alcohol abuse.
- Through group discussion and structured exercises, the clients will gain insight into the complexities of emotional barriers and established dysfunctional behavior patterns that can prevent healthy relationships with yourself/families and others.
- The sessions focus on overcoming stress, establishing emotional well being, and implementing the 12 Step program in daily living.
- Education/Process Group: This group addresses issues faced in the early stages of recovery from drug and alcohol abuse. Films, lectures, and guest speakers with structured exercises provide basic education that focuses on the disease of addiction and the recovery process.
- Relapse Prevention Group: This group studies the implementation of the 12 Steps in daily living, with emphasis on daily triggers and relapse prevention that is essential in early recovery.
- Spirituality Group: This group provides guidance on defining spirituality in the 12 Step program. The goal is to help you recognize a possible spiritual need and, if needed, begin the healing process.
- Individual Therapy: Each week you will meet with your primary counselor for individual therapy scheduled at a mutually agreed-upon time.
The program operates at minimum 3 hours a day, 3 days a week. Action Family Counseling has IOP programs available in Santa Clarita, Ventura, Simi Valley, Bakersfield, and Pasadena.
With drug and alcohol residential treatment locations in Santa Clarita, Piru, and Bakersfield; Intensive Drug and Alcohol Outpatient in Santa Clarita, Simi Valley, Ventura, Pasadena, and Bakersfield, Action Family Counseling is here to help you.
For information regarding admission, intake, and services please call Action Family Counseling at (800) 367-8336.